Make up work for Restaurant Work or Class Lab
Complete 1 for each excused day missed from job sites or class lab
1. Research and write a 2 page paper on a food type of your choice. Include 2 recipes using the food type you chose.
2. Research and write a 2 page paper on a Culinary College. Include costs, programs offered, classes offered and job opportunities.
3. Create a menu for a restaurant that is open 24 hours a day. Include prices and descriptions of each item on menu. You must have at least: 10 breakfast choices, 5 appetizer choices, 5 salad choices, 10 lunch choices, 10 dinner choices and 5 dessert choices. Use construction paper (not notebook paper) and be creative. This can also be completed on the computer using publisher.
4. Plan a party for a group of 10 friends and include 8 recipes of things you will cook for the party. Draw a sketch of the table set up and make invitations to the party.
5. Learn three of the napkin folds from the text book and be able to fold them for me when you return to class without looking at the directions.
6. Bring into class a recipe which you have made yourself and share with the rest of class. (Actually prepare the dish and have a parent write a note that you prepared it yourself )
7. Plan a dessert buffet using 8 different desserts. You can make a collage of these on paper. Attach the recipes to the back of the collage.